The primary mission of Nutting Memorial Library is to support Maritime Academy’s instructional programs. The Library also assists the Academy by supporting its research efforts and helping to fulfill its social responsibilities.
In order to be central to the Academy’s intellectual life and integral to its academic goals, the Library:
- Maintains balanced collections that support the Academy’s varied and changing curriculum, within fiscal and spatial limitations
- Provides instruction in locating, evaluating, and using information
- Promotes student exposure to and use of the Library’s collections and services
- Encourages and facilitates faculty use of the Library in course content and in professional development
- Regularly measures and assesses strengths or weaknesses in reaching these goals